Mom is still with us and hanging on to her routine as best she can. No longer able to leave the apartment (legs too weak to handle the stairs) she continues to push forward holding on to her now limited independence.

All of her symptoms are still there (some are getting worse)... The tumor pushing out her neck now appears as a puss sore that will not heal. She is having more difficulty swallowing and is still experiencing the nasal exit problem whenever she drinks any liquids or foods that are in semi liquid form.

But, the main difficulty she is having is keeping up enough intake to maintain her strength and body weight. I have no idea how she is still able to stand and walk (she is now 72 pounds).

Its only a matter of time... She gave up driving the car over a month ago (thank God!!!)... And, she asked that my sister take the cat on Monday because she is having difficulty feeding him in the morning (the mornings are the worst for her). She has for the last few days started to get out the boxes for her lifetime collection of Wedgwood china (many of them given to her over the years by all of her kids). The boxes are sitting there neatly stacked on her dresser. It's has if she is preparing the final closure of the apartment contents post her death.

I remember this time with my dad... I am ready to say goodbye... I just want her to be at peace.

Thanks,
Paul