Jennie, He's not taking the hydrocodone with tylenol and codiene is he? If so, taking more than the recommended dose of tylenol BY ITSELF can produce some very nasty effects. I got warned about this quite clearly when I was given liquid codiene and tylenol solution for pain from my most recent surgery. If the recommended dosage of what he has isn't working to help him with pain, he (or you) need to make a stink with the doc who presribed it until he gets something else that does work. Taking more than the recommended dosage on his own is a bad idea.

This discussion of other appts, though, is making me glad that my docs all take care of setting up these kind of tests for me, at the local hospital. I don't have to make my own appointments to have them done. If its imaging, the imaging dept. calls me and sets up a time upon notification from my doc. My MO does all the tests that involve bloodwork.

It deos get tiresome feeling like you spend all your time seeing docs and having tests and I can understand his dragging his feet because of that I guess BUT dragging ones feet isn't a good idea when you're talking about cancer followups....

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"