Hello I have not been on this site for some time. I have been trying to deal and cope with all the ups and downs that go along with ORAL CANCER. I had my jaw replaced along with a neck discetion last year. They removed almost all of my tongue. There is a little piece of it that rubs against my back tooth, don't know why they left it. It is always so sore that it hurts to talk. This is my problem that I am hoping that someone out there can help me with.It has been a year and there are so many things that I can do yet so many that I STILL CANNOT do. I would like to hear from any of you that learned how to eat without a tongue. I am having a very difficult time trying to swallow water...It comes out my nose.. I want to get off this feeding tube, however I just cannot see that in MY future. I had a trech which was removed in October. It has just this week closed. I thought once it closed that I would be able to do a lot of things that I hadn't been able to do....WRONG. I need some inspriation from my fellow friends. I need something to help me get out of this rut that I have been in.,,,If you can help me in ANY way, I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time....Always Miss Vicki