Bob,Mark,Glenn,
The orginal "pieces" of this puzzle are no longer posted on the site. It's a long story but suffice it to say that a very shocking, complicated and heartbreaking situation coupled with a very early morning call the day after my first postings about my friend were read by a stranger in TX led to a "decision" for him to quit treatment. The cancer is stage 4. I now believe the threat of quitting treatment was probably more drama than anything else. He quit me instead. frown Six years (albeit off and on due to distance until recently) and the commitment of everything I had to give of myself...gone. I guess what they say is true...cancer is a life changing thing...and not just for the patient.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I think the circumstances of my situation led me to OCF for a reason. While I may not be able to help him any longer I have a lot to offer and hope I can be of assistance to the rest of you (see my posting about hospital bills and reimbursement in the general forum) with financial issues, friendship, and support. There are some pretty amazing people here and it would be a privilege and honor to help.
Amy

Amy