Meridith,
Have a Hug!! Take a breath and relax. Let's not worry about cutting away bone and surgery just yet. I'm not trying to belittle you, just trying to direct your thought process.
Maybe you misunderstood my post, so I'll try and rephrase a few of the items.
I care about every person that I feel the need to try and help on this site. At this moment it is your husband and you who are trying to help him. My effort would be no different even if your husband was the President, so my comment "I am not familiar with the Law that governs your husbands incarceration and could really care less." was not intended to insult or place less importance on his situation. I also understand that you feel you should let others know of his situation and as well to defend him.
I really admire you for taking on all of these roles. He is a lucky man to have you. I mean it. I want you to focus on the reason that you posted on this site.

A dentist saw black spots on an x-ray and told him it was a cyst or cancer.
Let's focus on and breakdown this statement and not worry about anything else.

Have another Hug I'm sure you need it, and try and follow me on this...I know you have much on your mind and are frazzeled so lets take a walk and talk...
Is your husband having problems with the sinus? After effects of a sinus perforation can include; runny nose, liquids coming out of the nose, bloody discharge, drainage from the extraction site, pain and others?
I agree someone should evaluate the sinus perforation even if the after treatment was the recommended solution.
On this site we don't say it's cancer until the doctors say its cancer...this comes as the result of a biopsy. Meridith, let us not assume the worst for your husband until we know for sure. Can we do this..are you with me?
Arthritis is not a condition that can be assessed or diagnosed from an x-ray of the lower jaw. It rarely produces any significant change to the bone in the lower jaw or chin area. There can be many reasons for black spots in this area of the lower jaw. It would be rare for bone cancer, osteosarcoma, to occur in this area. I would like to know how big the black spots are, how many are there, how close to the teeth are they, and was the x-ray a panorex or just a small periapical.
I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I can see you're confused, upset and angry all at the same time. I want you to focus on your husbands health and the potential possibilities to help him. I know you will need some assistance from your country mates and the law. I wish I could help you here, but I can't. What I can do is try and steer you in the right direction in regard to the "black spots", and also focus your thought process.

Please contact me anytime if you fell I can help.
Don't give up, we're not here to judge just to help.

God bless you,

Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.