Hi,

I found my way to this forum while trying to find any information I could find. My husband had a dental extra this wednesday and the dentist seen quite a few black spots on his jawbone in the front. The dentist told him that it is either cancer or cysts and no matter which, it will need to be cut out. Unfortunately, my husband isn't home and not able to come home to be able to see good doctor's here. The dentist there really isn't worth much to mention (while pulling a tooth, broke the root off and then ended up shoving it into my husbands sinus cavity while trying to dig it out, then didn't even do anything to pack it), so not sure how to take what he told my husband. The dentist is supposed to be getting him a referal put in so he can see a dental surgeon but I am really worried. More so because I am not able to be there with my husband through this. What could cause black spots to appear on the bone? They were found while doing an xray. The gum line at one of my husbands front teeth is also extremely low, so I figure this is associated with the black spots. The low gum line at that tooth has been like that for years and no dentist has said anything to my husband about it other then its probably gum disease, but my husband has always done all he can to keep his gums and teeth healthy. Any information I could get on this would be greatly appreciated.

Meridith