Brian makes a really good point about the importance of second opinions, ideally one should be gotten even when you are being treated at a CCC. I was getting treatment by a radiation medicine extension of a CCC (with all the ROs at the CCC evaluating whether I needed radiation)and they originally said I didn't need radiation. I went to another CCC for a seocnd opinion (because my ENT was not convinced the first advice was correct and also informed me that the vote on whether I needed radaition had been a close one) and the second opinion CCC was very clear that I did need radiation. BOTH of these were CCCs, although it turns out my radiation oncologist had apparently failed to inform some of the others voting on that decision of all of the risk factors associated with my tumor.

Often when we give advice, we tell people if they're at a CCC that's all that matters. But CCCs can make mistakes as well--a second opinion is ALWAYS a good idea if you can get one.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"