Amy, You still have time though it will be important, if they do say you need radiation, to get going as soon as possible (but it won't be overnight even so because it takes them time to set up a radiation plan).

For my second opinion, I sent ahead pathology slides, which were reviewed before I went there, and the consultation and examination itself took maybe 2-3 hours. It took an afternoon pretty much--and that included filling out all their paperwork. If I'm recalling right, it took two weeks to get the appointment from when I requested it, but it may have been that long a time because I actually had surgery here within that two week period, so that was the absolute soonest I *could* have gone for a second opinion as it turns out.

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"