To WZ, my case is rather similar to you. I didn't have tube feeding either. After 48 rounds of radiation, I couldn't eat solid food for about two weeks. Then I started with congee (i.e. rice cooked with a lot of water), noodle in soup and cereal. Gradually I could eat minced fish and meat and vegetables. Then I took a lot of fish congee, three times every day.That should be about one month after treatment.Swallowing was not a big problem but there was mouth sore and the throat hurt.It was not until about two months that the sore throat gradually faded. I had taken painkillers during treatment and two months post treatment. Six months after completion, I could eat almost all kinds of food except spicy one or hard ones like nuts. Eating sandwiches is not an issue now provided that every bite goes with a sip of water. So be patient, eating will become better gradually.

Karen, Stage 4 tonsil cancer diagnosed in Sept.01 with concurrent radiation and chemo therapy completed in Dec.01.

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.