hi WZ,

i'm 15 months out from 35 rad treatments with chemo. my thoat is still tight and eating soft foods has only recently started. i continue to see gradual improvement, so i smile and do neck workouts.

The good news that i hear from docs is that swelling from RAD continues to subside, but it can take up to 2 years!

To learn to eat again, i went to eating school with a speach therapist twice a week for 10 months. This really helped me. They are trained professionals who have great ideas on how to jump start us for eating.

good luck and appreciate that it may take quite awhile.

on the other hand, i met a fellow who had throat cancer and had to have his throat closed off to swallowing. he uses a PEG and has a great spirit and lots of smiles. he is awaiting the day that science advances allow docs to rebuild his throat. on going research hopefully will get there someday soon.

cu,
larryb

Stage IV SSC of mouth&throat found July 01. Simutaneous 35 rad & chemo finished Oct 01. Peg worked fine. Clear ct's & MRI's so no surgery. Eating school Jan-Nov 02. Nonsmoker. Back to biking and kayaking now that strength returns.