HI, Zoe, The thing that helped me the most during my husband's treatment was to understand what the tx. was going to be :ie-rad and chemo [what kind of chemo drugs is important] and read everything I could find on this site about those things. Even tho some of the information was frightening, it kept me from being caught totally unaware of what side effects to prepare for. This site helped to get me organized for my role as his caregiver and gave me lots of help in dealing with John's Doctors, nurses,etc. ONe caution- don't get too far ahead of yourself. Start with the potential effects of radiation and his kind of chemo and learn all you can. Get your time organized so that you can be with him whenever he needs you and get a support system in place to help you both cope with the ongoing "homefront" responsibilities. Start a really good record keeping notebook for all meds, Doc. appts, a chart for everything [calorie wise]he eats and drinks. Keep up with his weight on a weekly basis. The more you keep a good record of, the better you can communicate with his medical team. You will have alot to do, so stay strong and try to take care of yourself too. Amy in the Ozarks

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: