Thanks, Wayne. I knew that you had had the recon. done, at the same time as your cancer surgery, right? and I thought that I recalled that you had a problem with your foot. I am sorry for that, of course, but I am encouraged that it was not caused by the surgery itself.

I have such good healing.....My surgery is on my upper jaw, and the hard palate. There is an opening "to the sky" practically, and this graft would close that opening and provide a base for a removeable bridge. It would be a great improvement, but it is difficult to decide to get back into a recovery mode when it is not absolutely necessary.

As I've said to my family.....If I were younger, there would be no question, and if I were older, there w ould be no question, but I am determined (at 63) to live another 20-25 years, and it would be wonderful to not have to deal with this appliance for all of that time.

Wayne..Were they able to do your surgery all through your mouth, or did they need more space and have to make an incision on the outside?

Thanks for sharing your story. I'll bet that I'll have more questions for you.

Colleen--T-2N0M0 SCC dx'd 12/28/05...Hemi-maxillectomy, partial palatectomy, neck dissection 1/4/06....clear margins, neg. nodes....no radiation, no chemo....Cancer-free at 4 years!