Hi:

My husband was diagnosed with SCC of a left tonsil & neck mass, Grade 3 (of 4,two neck lymph nodes back in June of 2005. His treatment was 6 wks. IMRT, 4 treatments chemo (Cisplatin) and modified radical neck dissection. He was treated at a cancer clinic who also treats patients with alternative treatment, i.e. supplements (vitamins intravenously). They believe in treating the whole body, not just the cancer which is why I feel he did so well. He had CAT scans every 3 months for the past 2 yrs. He will now be scheduled to have scans every 6 months. In this time frame, he has never had PET scans except in 2005. His latest reports mention lesions on the liver and 3mm. noncalcified lung nodule. No one seems to concerned about this but I wonder if he should be having a PET scan now? Maybe this is something I should not be to concerned about. I don't know.

He is working and seems to be doing fine. But just recently he was diagnosed with a 4mm acoustic neuroma which, I assume, has nothing to do with his SCC as this is a benign tumor. Since it is so small, doctors are just taking a "watch & wait" approach for now.

He does suffer from lack of saliva & no taste. I am wondering how many of you have tried either Salagin or Evoxac and how long it took to get results, if any?& He has been taking Evoxac once a day for at least 6 months but no luck yet. He never complains though.

I'm so thankful for this forum and being able to read about others in the same situation and how you have all handled it.

Just thought I'd share his experience and any input is appreciated.

Linda K. (wife of Ken K.).