Hi Glenda you will find lots of answers to many of your questions and worries throughout this forum. I am 50, tumour in right tonsil, 2nd mets into lymph (2 nodes Stg 2 and 1 Node Stg 3) and 18months post radical neck surgery, 38 rad treatments and 3 sessions of concurrent Chemo (Cysplatin). Lost muscle and access nerve to one side. With a number of adaptations life has improved considerably over the past year. Lost a lot of wt 70lbs and now back up 50 to 180. Whatever it trakes try to keep the wt up. PEG, supplements, high energy foods Have a party as often as you can !!!. For me - taste back 80% Salivia back 60%. Lots of products to help you through ther day with salivia. Chewing gum, Biotene Gels, Mouth Kote, water bottle. Sleep was a huge problem and now with a combination of humidifier and homeopathy sourced orabasegel with herbs I am getting 3-4 hr runs. Heaven!!. Back in the gym now building the neck and shoulder.The early recovery days seemed lke an eternity but it will come right. Believe me!!!