Thank you all for your information. I seen my ENT last week and asked him about salivary gland function after radiation. He said it shouldnt be an issue since they will be using IMRT and will be targeting just the area where the tumor was. It was agreed upon with the tumor board the neck/throat area was unneccessary. So, the plan is to remove two of my molar teeth on the lower right side, heal up from that and then Tx will begin...which I think should be very close to around the time of Christmas.

I had my flu shot last week which by Weds evening I was coming down with the flu so still feeling pretty rotten today. Im not sure if the tooth extraction will end up happening this week or next because of this.

Im still wondering are there any others in this group that specifically have salivary gland cancer? Im still baffled and angry with my diagnosis. Ive done some research on some of the typical causes for salivary gland cancer and found that radiation exposure, industrial waste exposure and woodworking can be factors for salivary gland cancer. Im trying to deal with an extreme amount of anger since I know for a fact that I was living on top of a toxic waste dump for three years. I have done some research and Ive also contacted someone about this. I know that it may be impossible to prove that is why I have this but when you get a diagnosis do you not question WHY? How do you all deal with the emotions that come with diagnosis, surgery, and treatment? I guess it isn't really that different from what Ive been dealing with since my daughter's diagnosis of cystic fibrosis six years ago (you just deal) but I do feel overwhelmed sometimes.

On another note, I hope you all managed to have a Happy Thanksgiving (for those in the US). I was exhausted after cooking and cleaning up after all of it. I still enjoyed the company and the following shopping day:).

Laura T T2NOMO Small Salivary Gland Cancer