Michelle,
Yes it comes in choc and I believe strawberry although I have only tried the Vanilla.

Your Mom is 71 and had surgery. Hard to compare when I'm 58 and had no surgery. I am almost 6 weeks out and am doing pretty good. I am starting to get my taste back and I think my dry mouth is also improving. My hearing is about the same as when I finished. I am much more active even though I still tire quickly. I just caught my wife's cold/flu/? so it has compounded a lot of the normal side effects.

My first week after treatment was probably my worst. I ended up in the hospital for fluids,etc. I also had thrush which they treated with Diflucan and it took care of it. In week 2 I started swallowing mashed potatoes, mac & cheese & fruit cocktail. I also found the VHC and by cutting down on the number of times I had to drink it helped me a lot. I now drink 5 VHC's a day for 2800 cals and have gained 10 pounds since week 2. Yesterday I also ate 1/2 cheesburger w/ kep, onions and pickle-no bread and I could actually taste it for the first couple of chews.

The mucus was a big problem for about weeks 2-3. Then I got the dry mouth and now I think that's showing improvement. I still have water with me constantly.

Have her drink the VHC or anything at room temp.

I was also a non smoker and casual drinker and very athletic until I was diagosned. So much for trying to always treat your body like a temple!!

If she or you wants to private post me feel free.

David

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.