Hello Everybody,

My Father was Diagnosed for Tongue Cancer - T2N1M0 last month. This is the first time I have heard of the Big "C" word in my family including far-distant relatives also. So I am totally unaware about it. Reading over the internet, it seems like this is graded as stage 3. I have many questions regarding this like what kind of treatment is best, what is the survival rate, what are the side-effects, post-treatment precautions and follow-ups.

Steps taken till now:

A surgery was performed where almost half of the tongue was removed. 3 Lymph nodes were removed. A gland was removed.

Out of 3 lymph nodes, one lymph node located on the same side as ulcer on tongue, came positive. The tumor is well to moderately differentiated.

A radiotheraphy treatment for 5 weeks was suggested by a doctor.

Is there anybody who was recently diagnosed with similar kind of problem. If yes, Please reply to this message. Please provide as many detials about your case as possible. Your help will help me a lot in providing best care and treatment to my father.

Thanks a bunch,

Krishna

Tongue Cancer T2N1M0 - Surgery done 03/03/06. 5600 units Radiation completed 05/19/06.Recur 10/06 skin metastasis nodules. Electon beam radiation completed. Immunotherpahy suggested.