Hello Joanna, Nelie, Marica, Gary and Tonya,

Thank you all very much for the responses. You guys are amazing and this site is helping me a lot to cope up with the current situation.

My brother completed his first round of chemo and starting the second round from tomorrow. He is doing really well. He is actually in a much better shape than 3 weeks ago (right after surgery). We can understand what he is talking very well and he is taking some solid foods small portions at a time. He feels energetic and is able to do his daily routines.

They did 5 rounds of radiation so far. I just learned that they are using Linear Accelerator (LINAC) for the radiation and we do not know the dosage yet. I did some digging on this and found out that IMRT is bit advanced than this. The hospital did have IMRT and I have no idea why the doctor is not using it for him. Any ideas or comments.

I read in the forum that people have lot of difficulties arising from radiation. He is able to taste things ok and do not have much impact due to radiation. Is it common since he has only 5 doses?

Tonya, I would like to tell you some thing the doctor said. "The younger the age, the aggressive the disease is going to be and we need to treat it very aggressively" He says if the same thing happens in a 60 year old it takes very long time to go to Stage 4 where as for my brother it took only 2.5 months.

My brother is receivng excellent care from his wife, mom,dad,uncle and aunty. I am talking to him everyday and telling him all the success stories I found on this site.

thank you all
Praveen