Hello All,

This is my first post, although I am visiting this website every day for the past 10 days.

My brother who is 35 years old diagnosed with SCC on 25th Jan 2006. He lives in India. CT scan and ultra sound reports indicate 4 lymph nodes are larger than they should be. We are scared to death and the whole family is in a great depression and no one exactly knows any thing about cancer.

We met a surgical oncologist who is the best in the area and showed him the reports and the first thing he said the disease is very advanced. He says the floor of the mouth is also involved along with the lymph which makes things worst. We have no idea what he is talking about and he suggested my brother needs to under go a surgery right away, we met some other doctors for second opinion and they also suggested the same.

Surgery was on Jan 31 and they removed part of his tongue (around 30%) and they removed all the lymph on the same side of the tumor (right side). They removed some skin from his leg and used it to tie the remaining tongue to the floor of the mouth. They removed about 6 lower right side teeth prior to the surgery. They sent the stuff to histo-pathology and the reports came back after 8days of surgery and the reports says the margins are clear and 5 out of 26 lymph nodes are affected. Another thing the report says is