I did just throw a small bite of cake in with the milk shake stuff. He had a little issue with the consistency so I said I would add more cream next time. Today I made cheesy broccoli soup from scratch with lots of fat. I blended it to liquid consistency and he swallowed about a tablespoon. He said that wasn't too bad to get down. I told him another tablespoon tonight if that went down ok. He won't use any pain meds. We might actually get 6 boxes of formula in him today. I started with 1 box, 1.5 box, 1.5 box tonight will be 2 boxes at one time with water syringe between every formula syringe. I told him we are going to record how much water he takes in a day as he was not putting anything out in the bathroom. I said, it's this or the IV which he does not want to do.

He's finally letting me be in control and while he has called me a drill sargeant for making him be accountable for putting nothing in his body for a whole week...well, I will accept that title and wear the hat. I'm tired of him dinking around trying to beat the system, it was only hurting his recovery.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free