2 days from last radiation....already tried donuts. of course, that didn't go well. He's ready to get back to real food and asked me how. I said start with smoothies. He agreed to it. I made it with some coconut milk, heavy whipping cream, pineapple, banana, cinnamon and Ancient Nutrition vanilla bone broth. I assume he kept that down. I told him there are plenty of organic soups I had already bought for post treatment. Chicken noodle and tomato basil and lentil. I will just add heavy whipping cream to add calories and fullness and turn them into creamy soups. He seemed ok with that idea. He really wants his fast food but is finding that does not work well at this point. I went into the gas station last night to make sure he did not buy tobacco because he did not plan to give it up before treatment. we will see. the regulars around here know I'm dealing with one STUBBORN man.

He's high energy today like nothing happened. Our oldest took him to the store to buy water and pop and said he brought the TV remote with him for some reason. Son is realizing I"m not crazy when I say his mind is not all there right now. He said he could not focus on anything. I think he thought i was exaggerating....now he knows! i said we should write down this stuff so we can tell him later where he used to be and how far he has come.

oh boy.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free