I’m from Ontario, too. My husband was treated at Princess Margaret Hospital. The doctors there are excellent. Where is Sue being treated? I’ve found that very often nurses have good tips for the caregivers, so do talk to them and listen to what they have to say. Did the doctor tell you how many grays (units of radiation) Sue will be receiving? John got 70 grays over 35 sessions, that came to 2 grays each time. Before the radiation starts, one thing you can do is to take Sue out for all her favorites meals. It may be a while before she will be able to do it once radiation starts.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.