Hi:

Well, my wonderful Wife will be going to start her radiation treatments on August 24. She had Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma in her neck area which, according to our doctor, was completely removed successfully. However two weeks later he reported that they found some cancer cells. Thus the radiation treatments. She will face 30 treatments in all, five days a week. She is handling this quite well but I'm really having a problem. I have a problem in that I very rarely share my feelings with anyone. Can't sleep, having problems thinking of anything else. Wishing it were me instead of her. The Doctor's are very optimistic and that I am hoping it will be so. I just don't want her to have to go through this.

I have read the booklets, checked on the 'net and it seems it could be rough on her. I will, of course, support her 110% and we will face this together. It's just that I am, at times, overwhelmed by my feelings of helplessness. Anyway, just venting and hoping others who are or have been in a similar situation could let me know how they coped.

We have been married for over 40 years and have been so happy and very active. This was quite a shock for both of us.

Thank you for listening.