Im very sorry you are feeling upset! I suggest learning more about HPV as I suggested in my previous post. As I also pointed out in my previous post, it takes ALOT to end up with the exact strain of HPV that is cancer causing. Then even if someone has the correct strain, its still pretty unlikely it will ever go on until it causes oral cancer. Often newly diagnosed HPV+ oral cancer patients are over 35 with the HPV virus laying dormant in their body for many years before causing their cancer which often has no symptoms at all. I have not ever seen an oral cancer patient describe seeing spots appear out of the blue while the person was looking in the mirror before or having other spots on their body, which is why I do not think you have anything our group can help you with. Please understand, Im NOT a doctor and neither are our members, we are a group of oral cancer patients and caregivers without medical backgrounds, training, schooling etc. Just like with any illness, if you are concerned you have something wrong, the best place to go is to your doctor.

Call your family doctor and start there. You sound like you are young enough to be able to get the guardisil shot to protect you from ever going thru anything like this. I think it has changed from being 3 shots to only 2 shots given a couple months apart. Your family doc should be able to give you the guardisil shots if you are under 26 years old. If they arent able to diagnose you then they should send you to the right doctor, maybe an ENT or oral surgeon?

Jopefully what you have is nothing serious. Good luck!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma