Welcome to OCF!

As of this time there are no reliable HPV tests for men. Women who get pap smears have the sample tested for HPV. Our site is made up of oral cancer patients/survivors and their caregivers. We would not be able to diagnose you or anyone else over the internet. Our site is dedicated to helping oral cancer patients and caregivers. From what you wrote, Im not sure if our site is the best place for you.

I can give you some basic HPV info. OCF helps to fund research being done to learn more about HPV. So much more is unknown about HPV than is known. Most of the adult population will at some point have HPV and never have any serious medical issues from it. Those who contract HPV can have it lay dormant in their bodies for many years without ever having a problem. HPV is an STD but the jury is still out about other, more casual ways people can get HPV. Most people who have HPV do not have any symptoms or ill effects, their bodies clear the HPV without incident. There are well over 200 different strains of HPV. Only a very few are the ones that may go on to cause serious health concerns. Take those couple of strains, its usually only #16 that can go on to cause cancer. But, not everyone who has HPV+ #16 will ever develop cancer or any other serious illness. If your a numbers type person, I believe around 80% of the US population contracts HPV, less than 5% of those who have the #16 strain ever end up having cancer caused from being HPV+.

As far as your other ailments I dont know if there is any link to being HPV+ or if they are a sign of any serious medical condition. You may want to make an appointment with your family doctor to review your latest issues to see if you have anything else happening that could be related to your medical history. For more info about HPV just click on any of the blue HPV's where you will go to the main OCF site to our HPV section.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma