Thank you for your response gmcraft. You are right, the HPV status won't change her future treatment (she's probably going to get 35 rad sessions and 3 doses of cisplatin, waiting on her followup CT scan to be completed this week before concluding) but I still kinda hope that an HPV diagnosis would imply her chances of making it are higher.

What is anti-emetic medication? Is that for nasuea? I've already talked with my brother (he's going to be the main CG since he still lives at home) and her about staying vigilent about her calorie intake and doing all medication on time and informing her doctors with every possible symptom she notices. The rest of the family members can't really research a lot because they don't speak English (and sadly most cancer info is in english). My brother is kind of refusing to read up in too detail because I think he doesn't want to lose hope. He was already upset that I spend so much time reading up on this because he thinks it doesn't change anything except that it makes me a nervous wreck.

I just find all this tough to bear because I could have never in a million years imagine that I could lose my beautiful mom in my 20s. Half a year ago the future seemed so bright and now it's anything but.

Son to beautiful and loving mom, 52 years old
Dx BOT T2N3M0 10/2017
Mandibular swing surgery, radical neck dissection 11/2017 - clear margins, matted nodes and PNI discovered frown
Tx neodajuvant CRT should be starting in 01/2018