Welcome to OCF! I completely understand how you could be angry!!! Anger is part of the process we all go thru when being forced to face a potentially life threatening disease. You will find you are in a very good place with finding our group. We understand, we have been exactly where you are too. It takes someone who has walked the same path to fully understand the complexities of how this terrible disease affects us emotionally. You are no longer alone! We get you and will help you get thru whatever path your illness, treatment and recovery takes you.

There are so many things that make up why one person gets cancer while another person who on paper appears to be nearly identical doesnt. Even if your family history does not include cancer, you still could be predisposed to get cancer. We have many members who have no known cause. From what you wrote it sounds like trauma is what caused your cancer. While its pretty rare, I have seen others who have had their OC caused from trauma as well.

This is a safe place to read, post, vent. Your identity is private so you do not have to ever be ashamed of your feelings, not with us.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma