Ok, yes the ENT should be able to help you. It sounds like your ENT is the correct type, but is your oral surgeon? I would definitely see the ENT before allowing the oral surgeon to go in and remove it while also sending it out to the lab to determine what you have. You want to ensure whoever you select to do the biopsy is very, very familiar with the procedure and treating OC patients.

Try not to get too far ahead of yourself. As of right this minute, you have not been diagnosed with anything so as far as you or anyone else knows you are cancer free. Dont borrow trouble from tomorrow is a saying I heard a long time ago and it certainly seems appropriate in your circumstances. Take it one day and one step at a time. By focusing on the "what if's" that will only add unneeded stress which makes everything in your life more difficult. Staying busy will help pass the time until you know what you are dealing with. Having an active 4 year old, Im sure you can find many things to focus on. Go out with your child and have fun, make memories by trying new things together. It could be a few weeks before you know what the spot is. Once you find out what you have then you can take steps to fix whatever you have going on. Hopefully you will not have anything too serious and you wont need our group. But if (... and thats a huge IF!) it would be cancer then you are in the very best place to get extra help and support to get you thru anything that you need a hand with. We're here to help smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma