MrsW,

I'm glad some of the suggestions have helped. I hope to help answer some further inquiries

Tea, papaya juice, and pineapple juice helps break up thick mucus.

The cannula to the suction machines are small in diameter. I've used them while hospitalized back in 2009/10. In addition, there are colored sponge tipped sticks, you may have seen, that can be used to get the gunk out, brush mouth, some already pre-moistened or can be dipped in mouthwash, and have used them just to cleanse/moisten my lips when my mouth couldn't open. Then there are the long type q-tips, probably around 6 inches, and probably the smallest mouth opening is needed. Larger, are teeth cleaning tabs that stick to the tip of your finger, that can be used to brush the teeth.

I haven't seen medical bracelets, neck chains, per say for trismus, but they have them where you have inscribed what medical info you want. I was thinking about getting one myself, one reason being I have no carotid(s) in my left neck, therefore, no pulse there.

Not sure if I understand the resuscitation question correctly, but one can do rescue breathing by mouth to nose or with a breathing mask or just doing chest compressions these days, if you're talking about public situations or in the household?

Due to my trismus. I'm often intubated nasally. It depends on the anesthesiologist, and extent of trismus.

I hope this helps.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI