oh gosh no... you are so very helpful. everyone is. just these reminders or thing to remember to talk with the providers about helps.

Yes. we will talk about the pump.. but he is resistant to it as he feels it will just make him more stomach uneasy. Today he actually felt a bit better with the patch. thank you for the reminder about the showers. That I need to remind him of too. I was very careful with it and have a timed calendar for it.
The water bottles is a good idea. he has a few but now that he is not taking in as much, maybe it will be easier to remind him and tempt him to do so with them everywhere.

we have a hydration day set up already.. would they offer yet one more? not sure but I will ask..

He is still producing saliva so has been swallowing that but yes, the next months will be more challenging.

our MO made an analogy that was very scary and understandable... he said the treatments are in essence pushing him and the cancer to the very edge; all hoping that the cancer falls off the cliff and there is just enough support, help, energy, resources and help to hold him back so he doesn't fall off too.

that was a WOW....

thank you everyone. Christine.
you are such caring and helpful people!

Last edited by MrsW; 01-17-2017 10:16 AM.

MrsW
Wife, RN and CG to husband 55 yo diagnosed with tonsillar /lymph nodes SCC HPV+ 11/9/16- PEG and Power Port 12/9/16. Treatment started 12/27 Cisplatin x7 and RAD x35 on 12/28/16. Trismus had gotten worse!