I read maybe 5 years ago, part of the book at least, "From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor: Lost in Transition addressing many issues, and seeing such concern.

As people with cancer are living longer, having more survivors, there is more a concern with Cancer Survivorship, which term is being used by cancer doctors, and affiliations, including for head and neck cancer, physicial therapy and other after care.

The American Cancer Society recently published Head and Neck Cancer Sirvivordhip Guidlines for clinicians. NCCN also has one for Cancer Survivorship, as well as ASTRO, American Society for Radiation Oncology, and a Head and Neck Surgical Society, forget which one, are having their own on Survhvorship.

A problem too with outpatient PT, Occupational Therapy, and Speech and Swalow Therapy, and others, may depend on the type of insurance coverage one has and its limitations. To my understanding, with Medicare I can only receive around 14 PT and Speech and Swallow Therapy per year, but can do it again for a separate incident, such as surgery or hospitalization. Surprising, occupational therapy is sepetate, I believe, but there are ways of having longer, which requires more paperwork, which route I was never involved with.

I participated in a few telepjone, web interviews, and written questionnaires that were offered by aithourized sources by OCF. I also try to participate in other questionnaires, but is subject to meeting their qualifications. I didn't have any clinical trials per say, but I am being followed by my radiation oncologist for reirtidation and Proton treatments I had, and my ENT presented my case at the ASTRO annual convention at a seminar for 'Complicated Cases in Head and Neck Cancer, so hopefully these will help people in the future.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo