Hi Larry,

Glad to hear you're doing so well that you are considering a holiday. That's excellent.

I believe the radiation destroys the enamel in the teeth or weakens it so that tooth decay is quite common in patients post rads. Have you been using the fluoride trays (were you even given fluoride trays?)? My daughter who is a dentist advises using an enamel enhancing toothpaste as well (like Prevident 5000).

Quite a few members of the forum have had to get extractions after rads from what I can remember. I personally have no experience with this scenario. Hopefully someone can jump in and provide more information. Keep well!

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.