Hi Rhonda,

Reading your post brought back a lot of memories of my husband's radiation treatments. Hang in there because it's no walk in the park...I know exactly how you feel. I too was so worried about my husband when he was going through treatment. It's so difficult watching the person you love be in pain. That's the one important issue I wanted to emphasize. Make sure to keep your husband up with the pain meds. Don't let them lapse. We learned that the hard way. He would go to sleep and when he woke up he was in so much pain. Then we started setting the alarm clock so that he never missed taking his pain meds and it kept him more comfortable. And ask as many questions here as you want. These people know so much, I've learned more on this site than from the doctors. I know this is not an easy time for either one of you, but he will get through it! Make sure to take good care of yourself too. You need to stay healthy. My thoughts and prayers are with you both! Let us know how he's doing. We all care.

Hugs,

Shelley

Caregiver to husband Ron. Throat Cancer. Finished 35 radiation treatments on 11/21/04. 8/2/11 small lesion on lower gum, laser Procedure to remove. 3/6/12 Doc. removed another lesion on outside of his neck. Did a skin graft from his chest to replace the skin on his neck. Went to Heaven on 6/24/12.