Hi. My name is Rhonda. I have been one of the lurkers on this website for a while now. It has helped me tremedously in dealing with my husband and I thought I should at least be courteous enough to introduce myself. My husband Leon was diagnosed with SCC of the right tonsil on September 28, 2005. He had a right tonsilectomy on October 3, 2005 followed by a right modified neck dissectomy on October 12, 2005. One lymph node positive. He is now undergoing 39 IMRT treatments. He radiation treatments were delayed due to complications with surgery. He developed an infection and a seratoma at the surgical site and that had to be cleared up before the radiation could be started. He has now completed 12 treatments and is starting to feel the effects of it. I worry about him constantly, but he has always been a very strong man. I know he will pull through this ok. Anyhow, I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing all of their insights and experiences in dealing with this "monster."

Rhonda - Caregiver to husband Leon. Diagnosed with SCC of right tonsil, 1 lymph node. Right tonsilectomy 10/3/05 - Right neck dissectomy 10/12/05, completed 39 IMRT treatments 2/23/06.