The bike thing is probably a coincidence. Its very good way to get in exercise without the strain on the joints like running would cause. There are a million little things it could be that trigger why some get cancer and others dont including a natural predisposition. At this time, there is still way too much to learn about HPV. There is more unknown than is know even with years and years of research.

I cant vouch for the info that you and your wife have already read. Unfortunately most website arent montiored enough so they have lots of false info stated as fact. Without monitoring, this incorrect (and potentially harmful) info gets circulated and passed off as reality. Our site has a very strict policy about posting correct medical info. We are certified that we provide correct, reliable medical info by Health on the Net. When in doubt, a good place to check if something is factual is Quackwatch. With the popularity of facebook, numerous medical groups have sprung up each one touting they are monitored. Its completely impossible. I could go on and on forever about this!!!

Heres a list that should be very helpful to you. The foods are milder and easier to swallow for patients with extra sensitive tastes and sore mouths. I also used to drink a couple of these milkshakes a day getting way over 5000 calories daily. During the recovery phase patients have trouble gaining weight even with that high of an intake. Even if you could somehow take in 5000 calories every single day you still probably wouldnt gain an ounce. It took me 8 years post rads before I gained any weight.

Easy to Eat Food List

(All measurements are estimates)

Giant High Calorie Choc-Peanut Butter Milkshake (1200++ calories per shake)

3 or 4 cups chocolate ice cream (regular/full fat type)
2 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth type)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 or 2 cups whole milk (can substitute half and half to add even more calories)
1 scoop carnation instant breakfast
1 scoop high protein whey powder
(check with doc if this is ok)

Blend this extra long to make it very smooth and creamy so it goes down easier. If the shake is too thick, add more milk to thin it down to what works best for you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma