Welcome to OCF, Paul! You have found the very best place for medical info and support to help you get thru your battle. We value our members privacy. Our site makes it possible to remain completely anonymous. What you divulge of your own personal information is up to you.

If you have been reading posts then you know how I nag everyone about their intake. This is the most important thing within your control to focus on. Every single day you need a minimum of 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water. At this point that probably sounds like alot but also easy to accomplish. Radiation is cumulative and treatments will gradually make you feel worse as time goes on. By not skimping, you will help yourself to get thru this.

One of the very best things about our group is knowing there are others out there who have been thru this. We all understand where you are coming from and what you are going thru. When hearing the word "you have cancer", many patients instantly become anxious. Who wouldnt? That event has forced you to face your own mortality and fear for the unknown future. Many patients (and quite a few caregivers too) take anxiety meds to help them get thru it. Others seek out therapists who work with cancer patients. We are here for you and its ok to lean on us.

Best wishes with everything!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy