Hi,

I was lucky to find this forum right after being diagnosed and was able to do sufficient research to get educated about the disease and the processes. Tumor board was mentioned so I made sure to mention my interest in first knowing that one was being called for my case and second informing them I wanted to attend.

I learned a lot by the time of tumor board from numerous visits with my medical team and discussing things in detail so there was nothing that was a surprise.

Even still, the level of dialog went over my head from time to time and it freaked out my wife when two doctored had different opinions on a specific topic. It was only a positive experience for me as it is so impressive to have so many medical professionals in one place, all focused on the specific and unique condition you have.

Another benefit is the ability to second guess afterwards is greatly diminished. It is easy to know that whatever you think up would have been a better decision is hard to hold up against a room full of experts.

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4
All the details, join at http://beatdown.cognacom.com