Hi. I want to write an article about the patient experience of appearing before a tumour board. (We call them multi-disciplinary-panels here in New Zealand.) I've appeared in front of one twice and think that first one was one of the weirdest experiences of my life. It's like some nightmare experience of being a celebrity at a press conference.

It's gratifying to know that about 15 to 20 (?) medical professionals care about your case and make the best possible decision. But what a daunting experience it is.

I would appreciate any of your comments about the experience from a patient point of view. How did you feel? Is it all a blur?

Here in Auckland a group of head and neckers is formalising its support group and, from next year, producing a proper newsletter. I thought a range of views (anonymous) might give me useful material:)

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.