Hi Mark, Jerry et al,

I'm having pain with one of my front lower teeth, (throbbing, caries). And I don't really have much bite left because of shrinking teeth frown

When I recently visited my H & N Clinic for the usual nose scope, I mentioned my teeth, HBO, ORN etc. This Radio registrar (not my own ENT/ONC/Surgeon) said that because my cancer was tonsillar with met to the neck, judging by the 3 fields of radio (not IMRT), losing a tooth at the lower front should not be a problem, or a root canal (who can afford one of those now?), as that was not in the radio beams sites. Anyone else had similar opinions?

I thought that any radio in the H & N area would affect the whole mouth and neck, reduce the capillary blood flow in the jaw for quite a long time. Correct me if I have been misguided, but that as been most of my journey from the beginning since diagnosis...(except when I found OCF) wink

HBO is difficult to get here, because of insurance companies, and there is only one in Sydney! In this doctor's opinion, HBO shouldn't be necessary for most patients, a rare occurrence...(not from what I have read elsewhere wink )

I haven't been brave enough to visit my dentist yet (will do soon, because of the ache/pain), as I think I may have to lose that tooth, perhaps a bit far gone methinks...

Cheers!

Tizz

End of Radiation - the "Ides of March" 2004 :-)