I met with an oral surgeon yesterday. I will go into the operating room after the first of the year to have some dental work done and a bridge made. My real issue is that I just can't open my mouth. I had a lot more range of motion prior to my radiation. My ENT doctor and the radiation oncologist both tell me that the radiation just did to much damage to the left side of my jaw. I have very limited range of motion. I guess and I hate to say this, but I should fell lucky to not have a feeding tube. I just have to eat "soft" food. I've become quite the Chef. I experiment with a lot of different foods. I beleive that my taste has come back as far as it's going to, which leaves a lot to be desired. I really don't mind. As far as nutrition goes, I'm healthier now than I've ever been in my life. There is a silver lining to all things. Good to meet with all of you. I wish you all the best.

John

SCC base of tongue. Diagnosed as stage IV, Sept. '04. Partial glossectomy, Radical neck dissection left side, 37 Radiation sessions, Chemo x 7 weeks. Finished treatments January '05. Cancer surivor!