CherylD,
I'm so happy that you are speaking clearly now. That does help a lot. Sometimes I would feel like Id have to fight to get a word in with my colleagues because it takes me longer to articulate what I want to say. I'm usually an extremely fast talker, living in NYC everyone is on the go and talks 100mph : ). I just finally got my confidence back and now I'm going to have to go through it all again but in a more extreme circumstance.
It makes me feel more confident going into this surgery knowing how you recovered and are able to communicate with others. I am also very confident in my surgeons and I'm trying to hope that this Cancer doesn't try to continue to outsmart them. Speaking/Eating (I know for everyone ) is a huge deal to me and I really want to return to the classroom.

I will be following your story to compare notes. Sending positive energy your way and hugs as well!

Tongue Cancer 2004- biopsy irritated skin, 2014 biopsy precancerous, February,2014 partial glossectomy- diagnosed with microscopic cancer- April 2014- partial glossectomy- microscopic cancer /cancer in nerve, June 2014- external radiation July, 2014, brachytherapy, July 2015 biopsy- cancer (about 2 cm)/also in nerve moved more toward front of tongue, August 2015 Hemiglossectomy reconstructed with arm flap 2/3 tongue removed