When my husband's metastases were diagnosed, we were both shocked and there were a couple of weeks when I would just burst into tears. My husband, on his part, refused to learn about his prognosis and, to this day, he still does not know. Then, one day, as I was driving home, I was thinking that another day had passed and I would have one day less with him. But as soon as that thought occurred, another thought entered my mind, which was -- irrespective of the state of his health, we would always have one day less together. I think it is understanding this that has sustained me and helped me deal with his treatments and the side effects.

I hope that the chemo will help stabilize the lesions and that it will give you many more days to be together.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.