Hi again. Just checking in. Today was 2/7 for me on chemotherapy treatments, and 6/33 on radiotherapy. I am beginning to get in the groove. If last week's pattern holds I'll have a good day tomorrow and start to fade on Friday from the Cisplatin. If things get really bad you might have to endure a whiney post from me on Saturday. But since the radiation side effects haven't started in earnest yet, fishing is a Sunday possibility. And with that prospect I think I'll be able to just man up and deal with it. ;-)

I was having a heck of a time with pain at the PEG insertion point and using Oxy to control that, but forgot about the constipation side effect and got behind on that. With the pain driving me nuts I asked to see the Nurse Practicioner today (a day early), and she removed the 3 anchoring buttons surrounding the tube insertion point. Immediate bliss and relief! She said this is the most common source of post-procedure pain and that the nurses call them - get this - "pain buttons". And with a wink she said they could only tell me that after the procedure. Who knew there was so much humor in the medical profession?

I'll sign off here as I still need to find a way to get more water in, this being chemo day. The creeping nausea is wearing on my motivation to swallow. Thankfully the med staff at UW-CCC and the folks here have prepared me to deal with that.

Peter, age 62 at Dx
3/27/15 Dx T2N2aM0 Tonsilar P16+ G3 SCC
4/6/15 Full PET clear except for above
4/24/15 TOLM tonsillectomy/clear margins. Neck dissection 20 nodes (1 w/cancer & extracapsular extension)
5/28/15 PEG in
5/27 - 7/10/15 Daily Radiation to 66 units cumulative; Cisplatin weekly X 7
8/24/15 PEG out
9/24/15 Full body PET - N.E.D.
12/22/15 CT and physical exam. Continued clear.
3/11/16 Physical exam. Continued clear.
7/12/16 One year post-treatment! CT clear.
7/7/17 2 years post - still clear