Thanks everyone for your advice and words of support. I had the PEG placed this morning and they're keeping me overnight for evaluation. It went pretty smoothly, exept getting the through-the-nose tube to inflate my stomach with air was pretty uncomfortable. In recovery I made the mistake of moving too quickly and that caused enough pain at the placement site to cause me to faint with 30bpm heart rate and 64/30 BP. When I came too I had a bunch of med staff looking after me and they pretty quickly brought things back to a normal range.

Christine - I just had a visit from the RD, and their plan for me is 2,100 calories per day. Probably based on body type/weight. I'll try to beat their plan.

HockeyDad - I am going to take your advice about the list. With the addition of the three anti-nausea things I can't even remember everthing I'm assigned to take now. Appreciate that tip.

Tammy - I'm going to try to continue to take nutrition and water orally as long as I can in order to address the very problems you advised me of. Swallowing is one of those important life skills, isn't i? ;0)

Gloria - I am a strong believer in staying ahead of the pain curve with meds, and extending that to nausea makes a lot of sense too. Thanks.

It really *does* feel good to be fully on my way with this. And you guys are a lifeline. So glad to have found this!

Peter, age 62 at Dx
3/27/15 Dx T2N2aM0 Tonsilar P16+ G3 SCC
4/6/15 Full PET clear except for above
4/24/15 TOLM tonsillectomy/clear margins. Neck dissection 20 nodes (1 w/cancer & extracapsular extension)
5/28/15 PEG in
5/27 - 7/10/15 Daily Radiation to 66 units cumulative; Cisplatin weekly X 7
8/24/15 PEG out
9/24/15 Full body PET - N.E.D.
12/22/15 CT and physical exam. Continued clear.
3/11/16 Physical exam. Continued clear.
7/12/16 One year post-treatment! CT clear.
7/7/17 2 years post - still clear