Hi Pam, Welcome. I am also and educator who has has experienced a bought with cancer. A positive attitude will get you everywhere. You wanting to get an education in a field you feel strongly about due to a personal experience gives you a real incentive to persue your career. It is never to late to get an education. It is something you will not regret. You will find that now that you have a purpose, school won't be as difficult. There is a nutritionist from the University of Wisconsin who has published a cook book entitled Easy to Chew Easy to Swallow. I purchased it and it has great reciptes, in addition to many very helpful suggestions for persons who have had oral surgery and radiation. I notice you live in Arkansas. It is a beautiful state. My son lives in Berryville. I visit your state when ever I can. Some advise for your education. Don't take a full load (15 credits) at first. I would suggest 12 at the most. Take your classes at a junior college where you are in a classromm with a teacher. THat enables you to ask questions and participate in a discussion. Classes on line are not very personable and neither are classes that are presented on a TV monitor. Best of Luck. If you are interested in the name of the nutritionist who wrote the cookbook let me know. Hacklene

Hacklene