If you weren't using the peg at the end of treatment did you find a need for it post treatment?
For the first 2-4 weeks post treatment, many experience continued or worsened side effects. Depending on how easily you swallow now is good indicator if you may need the PEG during this time. If you have fill ability to eat and swallow with little discomfort it would be unusual for you to be forced to need to PEG. If you are having a tough time swallowing but still get by, you could very well need the PEG. Given you already have one, I sure would not want to pull it early. Be patient.

For those who had their teeth removed, how did you know when to be fitted for dentures and who determined that? No personal experience but I'm sure the gums are adjusting to the loss of teeth as well as some effects from the radiation. Just a guess but I'd think you would not even have a serious chat about it until a couple months post.

How long before fried bacon tastes as good as it smells? Hopefully never. Bacon is banned for life. A piece here and there on special occasions is great from time to time I will admit. Taste and smell take time for many and often will never be exactly as before. Since my time here, I have not seen any pattern or indicator to predict where one returns.

It spans the entire range. I am very fortunate to be 100% as before. The only thing is my head sweats a lot when eating spicy food. Others are long term PEG users. Just have to take it one day at a time.

Don

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4