Yeah, if you don't already have a blender, that is something I'd highly recommend you pick up. I used mine several times a day to make milkshakes and smoothies. I also own a juicer, but if I could go back now, I'd spend the $$$$ on the Vitamix and not buy the juicer, so I would only need one appliance for both juices and milkshakes/smoothies plus whatever else you can make in those things. If you don't want pulp in your juices (closer to those made with a proper slow juicer), you can always strain it out.

The high fat, high dairy diet was bugging me too, but it's tough to get enough calories without it. I made sure that I increased my protein intake (mostly with protein powder) and drank my veggie/fruit juices to try to balance things out a bit. Try just taking a day or two off the Boost and milkshakes, and make some higher calorie smoothies with a bunch of frozen and fresh fruit, some water and/or juice, protein powder and whatever else you have that you might want to throw in there. At points I had trouble with things like chia seeds. After a day or two away from the constant dairy, I could go back to the creamy stuff and it would be tolerable or even enjoyable again.

There might be a few ideas you haven't thought of in this old thread, which might not show up on the forum list depending on your settings. Once I could eat more than liquid, I was really craving carbs, so I was eating pasta (the smaller pieces, of course), soups with small noodles in them, pancakes, cream of wheat, etc. Rice took a little longer for me because they're slippery little buggers that slid over the hump of my new tongue and made me choke. Be careful and go slow. I know it can be irritating to have to take 45 minutes or an hour to eat a meal. Sometimes by the time you finish eating, it's time to start eating again. laugh

Dx 2014Jan29 (42 yr old otherwise fit nonsmoker)
SCC tongue stage III T3N0M0
subtotal glossectomy, partial neck dissection, RFFF, trach, NG tube 2014Feb25 16 days in hospital
RAD 25 zaps 2014May5-2014Jun9
Back to work, paddling & hiking shortly afterwards