Hi Katherine,

...and I too am very sorry for your misfortune. I was 34 at time of diagnosis and currently only see an ENT. I am now beginning to seek other professionals for more opinions and options as some of my concerns become greater. I was seen at a Cancer Center once, and I can relate to your concerns and frustrations regarding your concerns not taken seriously, for I have been treated very much the same way. I was a "very shallow" stage 2, and the prognosis I was given couldn't have been better. Because of this, I think many of my concerns are dismissed, and many times wonder if I am just being paranoid.

I too recommend what others have said, and get into a Comprehensive Cancer Center for evaluation. You may want to consult with an oncologist for another opinion as well. I was informed by some on this forum that the oncologists do more follow up scans, etc, where an ENT will just look and palpate. I, also have the same fears/concerns as you. I don't think you can be too safe when it comes to treating this, and the sooner we act, the better the outcome. I wish you very, very best on your road to good health. God Bless!

Rick

Rick T
Stage II SCC(T2N0M0). Dx:Jan.05 Surgical removal w/Neck Dissection (nodes clear) Feb 1,2005.