Hi, my name is Katherine and I was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the right lateral tongue last week, and had surgery to remove the tumor on my 26th birthday (yippee).
My ENT says there is no "evidence" of lymph node involvement, and he just wants to "watch and see". I had a CT Scan the other day that came back clear, but I'm not sure I trust the results. In my online research I came across the Avinash Raina Foundation and read the story of a young man who would be the same age as me had he not parished from this disease in 2001. I am really scared, and feel like my concerns are not being taken seriously by my doctors because of my age. Also, they have no prior experience with this cancer in someone in my age group. I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction for a 2nd opinion on my treatment. (Words of encouragement do wonders too) laugh Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon. Take care!!

-Kat confused

Dx 9/20/05 SCC Right Lateral Tongue (T1N0M0) Nodes presumed "clear" based on palpation and CT Scan.