Hi Folks. I had forgotten my username and password and quite honestly just haven't had the energy to get it, but have greatly missed the help/support/info from y'all, so i made myself take the steps to get back on here! So my husband is now 3 wks post radiation/chemo and we are finally back home, phew, that was a long haul away from home. I know he is going thru hell with recovery and i am doing my best to be optimistic and supportive and helpful, i really am, but i am so overwhelmed and frustrated and even angry that i am battling my own depression. I am going to start some counselling for my own sake, meantime how do i get him to listen to me and realize i am not really a nagging b word, but am trying to get him to follow docs orders? I have noticed he is no longer using all the mouth medicines/rinses he was given, just the baking soda/salt mix. He doesn't even attempt to brush his teeth or use his flouride. He has FINALLY increased his water intake, not because he believed me but because i had his doctor tell him, because you know, i am just the nagging b. So the mucous is less ropey, but now he drools, incessantly, and coupled with the bouts of mucous, well, it stinks. Horribly. He's spitting constantly, and it gets everywhere, and the smell is horrid. Is that because he isn't doing all the oral hygiene things he was told to do? He says he isn't having much, if any pain. I feel guilty and selfish if i bring it up anymore, not to mention he thinks i am just being that nagging b no matter how i approach it. We go see his doc for a check up next week, so guess i will grit it out until then and talk with his doc. I'm sorry to whine. I just have so much else going on and feel so overwhelmed. Back to the guilt and selfish feeling. Thanks for letting me 'talk'. Please be gentle!

Husband tongue cancer 7/01/14 (forward/right half of tongue)
43 years old at diagnosis
Partial glossectomy/node removal 7/31/14
PEG tube placed
2 mos high dose radiation
2 treatments cisplatin, 3rd was cxld due to hearing issues
cancer in both lungs, stage 4, 05/18/15
chemo port to be placed on 05/21/15
Full scan on 05/21/15
Chemo, 3-4 types (names etc coming soon) for 7 mos
4th type depends on clinical trial and if placebo or not
He is planning to defy all odds and kick this cancer!